Kate Bailward (aka Katja) is a cat-loving, trifle-hating Englishwoman in Sicily.
Before becoming an EFL teacher in 2009, she spent 10 years working as an actor. This fuelled her love of storytelling, and started her on the road to narrative writing. Since 2004 she has had various different blog incarnations, all previous versions of which have now been deleted for being embarrassingly bad. She hopes to do better with this one.
Kate is one sixth of the Italy Blogging Roundtable team, who write monthly themed posts about different aspects of life in Italy. She also writes (infrequently!) about food at her cookery blog, Quasi Siciliana, but is more often to be found taking pictures of it and anything else that takes her fancy on Instagram.
In the press:
- Top 10 website for expats in Italy (My Currency Transfer)
- Honourable Mention Best Italy Expat Blogs 2012 (Expatsblog.com)
- Food ‘Alice’ (The Displaced Nation)
- Italian Reflections Featured Blogger
- 20 awesome expat blogs (Matador Network)
- Blogging from the Boot 2009 (winner in 5 categories)
If you’d like to get in touch with Kate to discuss freelance work, or with specific questions or comments, you can do so via the contact page. She’s always happy to chat, provided she hasn’t been distracted by Nutella or a neighbourhood cat, and will reply to all genuine emails.